Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RBnDFW RBnDFW is offline

Default Interesting metal sighting

Steve B wrote:
Driving down to Vegas on Thursday. From the right at my 2 o'clock is an
A-10 headed straight at the Interstate, running about 250' elevation. Right
before he gets to I-15, he banks hard right, and proceeds towards Nellis
paralleling the freeway. About thirty seconds behind him, another does the
same. I have not seen military aircraft at that low of an elevation except
up close to the Site or the Gunnery Range, or around Nellis taking off and
landing. We've seen them up there where we could see the pilot's faces.
And sometimes they were screaming, and kicking up dust on the ground. It
rattles your teeth because they are on you before you ever see them. Those
A-10's were doing about 100 knots. Stall speed on them is 70, IIRC.

Love those Warthogs. My favorite plane.
Possibly tied with the F86