Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Vernon[_2_] Vernon[_2_] is offline

Default Wiring a single phase electric panel.

On Jun 27, 2:10*pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article , wrote:
On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 13:29:31 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

There's nothing wrong with putting all three receptacles on a three-conductor
cable (which actually has four wires -- black, red, white, and bare) w

In most industrial applications..thats going to be Black, Red, Green and
bare, or more commonly here......Black, White, Green and bare

Guess again.

Hint: green and bare are both used for equipment grounding, and the NEC
prohibits the use of either for any other purpose. Do you tell me that
"most industrial applications" use two equipment grounding conductors? And
*no* neutral when supplying 120V loads?

In any event, that's entirely beside the point, as he's talking about a
*residential* installation anyway -- in which the conductor colors are exactly
as I described.

For whatever it's worth this is some old "sunlight resistant" no. 4
awg cable I got as part of a power distribution grid with an old onan
generator. In this wire the colors are red, black, white, and green.
VT