Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lewis Hartswick Lewis Hartswick is offline

Default help, what do you call a pin with threads

whit3rd wrote:
On Jun 26, 9:31 pm, "Bill Noble" wrote:
"rangerssuck" wrote in message

You only need a couple of these, right? Why not just make them? Seems
like a few minutes and a hunk of allthread ought to get it done.

I tried turning some cap screws and it didn't work well

Did you try boring a hole in a set screw and superglue-ing or
brazing in a dowel pin?

I've made a bunch of brass dog points on steel 1/4-20 setscrews
when I couldn't get any locally. Made a fixture to hold the
setscrew with a jam screw behind it to do the drilling on the
lathe. Press-fitted the brass parts. Worked a charm.
...lew...