Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default Todays plasticworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

"Wes" wrote in message
Larry Jaques wrote:

Since we are talking about hare-brained ideas, if my coke is flat, can I
put a bit of dry
ice in it and recarbonate it if I screw the lid on?

Well, if you were to do that and shake it vigorously...

I know, too much and I have a dry ice bomb of sorts. Still, I wonder if
just enough would
do the trick? Think of the possiblilites, your own carbonated orange
juice or lemonaid.

Wes

You realize that there are carbonators that use little CO2 cartridges to do
exactly that. I used to have one but the novelty wore off.

Oh yes, I've used CO2 cartridges for years to inflate bicycle tires when away from home.
Some enterprising individual modified an inflator to blow a dry ball out of muzzle
loaders. I think that is the term when you ram the bullet or ball and patch w/o adding
the powder first. Sucks, btdt.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller