Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Wiring a single phase electric panel.

On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 19:10:52 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 13:29:31 GMT,
(Doug Miller)
wrote:

There's nothing wrong with putting all three receptacles on a three-conductor
cable (which actually has four wires -- black, red, white, and bare) w

In most industrial applications..thats going to be Black, Red, Green and
bare, or more commonly here......Black, White, Green and bare

Guess again.

I run into it virtually every day in machine shops all over California.

Hint: green and bare are both used for equipment grounding, and the NEC
prohibits the use of either for any other purpose. Do you tell me that
"most industrial applications" use two equipment grounding conductors? And
*no* neutral when supplying 120V loads?

Very few industrial is single phase, but the few that are....shrug..are
as I stated above.

In any event, that's entirely beside the point, as he's talking about a
*residential* installation anyway -- in which the conductor colors are exactly
as I described.

Shrug. I guess you go to higher class places than I do.

Gunner

Gunner Asch