T.

Default OT - Older Than Dirt Quiz - Part II

Sat, Jan 3, 2004, 11:33am (EST-3)
(Tim=A0Douglass) says:
Learned on an old Royal with no 1 key.
I'd forgotten about those. I guess I don't really miss them, although my
old Remington upright was very popular at college because it could be
hauled down to the park to write a term paper far away from a plug-in.

Boy, some of you guy's are really stretching. Remembering back to
the days of manual typewriters? Yo-yos? You've gotta be kidding. You
can still buy, new manual typewriters. If you want a neat one tho, I've
got an electric portable, that will operate on electric anywhere in the
world, plus batteries. But, the kids were playing with it - I didn't
know - and apparently a spring somewhere in it broke. Ah well. Maybe I
can get it repaired one of these days.

And, yo-yo - remember when? I've got a regular yo-yo I got just a
few, very few, years ago. I get it and use it every once in awhile.
And, got at least two floating around here somewhere, that are maybe
about 10-12 years old, they take batteries, and have lights that come
on, if you spin them hard enough.

Now try, churning your own butter, after you separated your own
milk. Then, molding the butter, in wooden butter molds. Water from a
well, with a bucket. Or, water from a stream, with a bucked, on a tram
line. Cornbread and milk, instead of cereal. Or, saltine crackers and
milk, instead of cereal. Lucky Strike green - I can ony vaguely recall
those tho. Digging a new outhouse hold, and moving the outhouse.

We did have electricty when I was a kid, but I've visited relatives
who didn't. We had running water, but only cold. We did not have
indoor plumbing. We moved when I was in the 7th grade, and that was our
first indoor plumbing, and first hot water. And, later, our first
telephone. And, even later, first television.

JOAT
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of
enthusiasm.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT
Web Page Update 2 Jan 2004.
Some tunes I like.
http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofal...OMETUNESILIKE/