Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Cast iron table, did I just get screwed?

Gunner Asch on Sun, 27 Jun 2010 10:36:00 -0700

Just 3 that I found in 30 seconds. Lots more out there.

Pulled bullets? I take it, those are bullets which were part of a
cartridge, but got "pulled" for some reason?

Ayup. Properly pulled with a collet type tool that doesnt damage the
projectile like a pair of pliers will do.

Some government agencies for example..wont sell surplus ammo as complete
ammo, but they will sell it as scrap, if you sign an agreement to
"destroy" the loaded cartridge.

Once you pulled the bullet and put it in one box, dumped the powder in
another can..you have destroyed the cartridge.

And can sell the bullet, powder and primed cartridge case seperately.

Shrug

I'm sure it makes sense to some one. Back in high school, the Air
Force decided they had some Ordnance which was past it's "Use by"
date. So they got some bids for disposal, and were all set to sign a
contract when some bright boy realized that the guy intended to use
the explosives as raw material for fertilizer, which he would be able
to sell at a profit. Couldn't have that, so for several weeks, the
EOD guys got to practice blowing "UXB" in place.
Well, at least some one got to have some fun. I'd have just
scheduled a massive live fire exercise at the bombing range and have
the fly boys get some practice.

pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich