Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] stans4@prolynx.com is offline

Default What do you think about plastic sheds like this:

On Jun 26, 10:53*pm, Ignoramus11285 ignoramus11...@NOSPAM.
11285.invalid wrote:
Could a shed like this stand up to, say, 15 years of Illinois
climate.

* *http://tinyurl.com/29frl9p

I know that I should not put any metal stuff in there that I do not
want to rust, I will use it for regular garden stuff. Would it be a
mistake to buy?

That's about 3x what I paid for mine and that was with the extra
extension kit. Mine isn't nearly as fancy, though. The advantage of
these over wood buildings is that they can be thrown up in a day or
so. Also can be taken down and moved, if needed. Mine came with a
foundation kit. That was the major task, building the foundation.
Mine has a pretty elaborate roof truss system, supposed to be good for
20 lbs/sq ft. It's had 4' of heavy snow on it and we've had 120 mph
winds, still standing. I'd prefer an end entrance to the side
entrance myself, just makes rolling equipment in a lot easier for me.
YMMV. Check the door and hinge contruction, that's a weak point for a
lot of these and probably where the wooden ones have an advantage.

Stan