Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus12901 Ignoramus12901 is offline

Default Motion, estop etc

On 2010-06-27, Karl Townsend wrote:

My lathe that I use with EMC has 2 limit switches and a separate home
switch, the home gets made shortly before one ends limit switch.

RogerN

I've got four machines running with separate home switches. This is much
easier to set up but uses more inputs (I'm limited to only 128 inputs). My
CNC knee mill, similar to yours, uses homing off the limit switch. I got it
working nicely after a fair bit of effort. One solution I did was run the
inhibit through the control, not hardwired. At least on this machine it
would only work well with very slow speeds and accelerations - means homing
takes more than a minute vs. a few seconds on the other machines. Annoying
if you are developiong something else and rebooting the control constantly.
This may be a "feature" of Camsoft and you won't see trouble in EMC. (The
Galil board, behind Camsoft, has homing off home switches built into it)

I'd ask an EMC guru if they are homing off the limits and how they handle
the inhibit when doing this.

I will head right to EMC forums now