Posted to uk.d-i-y
Spamlet Spamlet is offline

Default Fitting and outdoor tap for a hose

"Matthew.Ridges" wrote in message
Basically the kitchen is at the back of the house and I want to fit a tap
to the outside at the back as fitting it in the front would be a bit long
winded I guess ?

So I was wondering how I would do this. Under the kicthen sink it the
usual water pipe, hot and cold.

Currently I'm using a hozelock fitting under the kitchen sink and draggin
the hosing through the house to front door to front garden which has
gotten me into a spell of bother with my wife lol...

So yeah time to do it properly I guess.

Total idiots guide needed please lol

Not quite the same but might give you an idea: our kitchen is round the side
and an external tap supply was run through the wall from there. Then a 'Y'
splitter was put on (one with individual ball valves), one hose is wound on
the side wall and serves the back garden. The other - which might interest
you - I ran up behind the drainpipe and along in the gutter, round to the
other side of the house, from where it serves front garden and the other
side of the house. You may similarly be able to hide your additional hose
in the gutter: there is no need to keep running it through the house.