Posted to uk.d-i-y
Thomas Prufer Thomas Prufer is offline

Default Tennis racket bug zapper - Aldi. Any good

On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 02:40:34 -0700 (PDT), Dave Starling
wrote:

Someone else mentioned the mains powered zappers that you see in food
preparation areas etc. I was under the impression they aren't
particularly healthy as when a fly is zapped, bits of wing/body get
exploded all over the nice clean surfaces or food below.

You are lying in bed, late, kept awake by a recurring high-pitched whine of a
mozzie landing and looking for a tasty vein on your ear. You flail around
ineffectively, and as you drift off to sleep, wheeeeeee -- mozzie diving in
again. A half hour of that and you will believe me: bits of wing/body exploded
all over is a good thing.

My single-layer swatter has small corona discharges which I didn't see until
lying in the dark with dark-adapted eyes, waiting with charger swatter for the
damn thing to come in once more, for what was its last drink...

Thomas Prufer