Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon Grimly Curmudgeon is offline

Default Two-way and intermediate switches

drugs began to take hold. I remember John Rumm
saying something like:

Ditto other terms
such as describing mains as low voltage - most people havent adopted
that either.

Yes, I wonder what bright spark thought that up.
The utter clot.

Probably the people routinely working on 11 kV (and over) supplies!

Yes, it's relative, but your average householder isn't going to work on
or come near that kind of voltage, unless they're very unfortunate, so
to designate 240V mains as 'LV' is nothing short of idiocy.