Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman[_2_] The Medway Handyman[_2_] is offline

Default Fitting and outdoor tap for a hose

pete wrote:
On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 16:06:36 +0100, TheScullster wrote:

"Matthew.Ridges" wrote

Basically the kitchen is at the back of the house and I want to fit
a tap to the outside at the back as fitting it in the front would
be a bit long winded I guess ?

So I was wondering how I would do this. Under the kicthen sink it
the usual water pipe, hot and cold.

Currently I'm using a hozelock fitting under the kitchen sink and
draggin the hosing through the house to front door to front garden
which has gotten me into a spell of bother with my wife lol...

So yeah time to do it properly I guess.

Total idiots guide needed please lol

If you don't mind using self cutting tap take-offs, then this would
be a starting point
http://www.ultimatehandyman.co.uk/fi...utside_tap.htm

Not wishing to hijack this, but I have a query about using
self-cutting taps. Although TMH suggests these are suitable for
pressure washers, I saw a warning about that on Toolstation's website:
http://tinyurl.com/2da78fl that their kits weren't suitable for use
with pressure washers.
Can anyone shed some light?

Only thing I can think of is that they have some sort of valve in the kit
somewhere. Washing machines/dishwashers/garden hoses just accept water,
pressure washers suck water.

The Hozelock self sealing connectors cause problems because the pump sucks
the valve shut.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk