Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fitting and outdoor tap for a hose

Clot wrote:
TheScullster wrote:
"Matthew.Ridges" wrote

Basically the kitchen is at the back of the house and I want to fit
a tap to the outside at the back as fitting it in the front would be
a bit long winded I guess ?

So I was wondering how I would do this. Under the kicthen sink it the
usual water pipe, hot and cold.

Currently I'm using a hozelock fitting under the kitchen sink and
draggin the hosing through the house to front door to front garden
which has gotten me into a spell of bother with my wife lol...

So yeah time to do it properly I guess.

Total idiots guide needed please lol

If you don't mind using self cutting tap take-offs, then this would
be a starting point
http://www.ultimatehandyman.co.uk/fi...utside_tap.htm

Gald you said starting point. I would also fit an inline tap on the leg
inside the house. This enables you to turn off the supply from inside the
house in the winter, leaving the outside tap open so that it cannot freeze
up and burst.

This is a fair point, but I would say that mine haven't done this: the
hose and its fittings, however, have.

I have a plastic pushfit pipe connecting the outside tap to the
plumbing, and not much pipe outside at all. I suspect the if it did
freeze it would simply pass the pressure back to the mains supply anyway.