Cape Cod Bob

Default WARNING - PHONEY EBAY E-MAIL

On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 19:33:43 -0500, Silvan
My boss called me a bit back. He knows more about castrating bulls and
turning sheep vaginas right side out than he does about computer stuff, so
he comes to me frequently for help dealing with his teeniebopper AOL/ICQ
etc. daughter.

His daughter got a message from "AOL Account Management" or some such, with
some blather. It requested bank account numbers, credit card numbers, etc.
etc. etc. His daughter got this, let his wife read it. His wife got out
her purse and filled in all the blanks. IN PLAIN TEXT!

I had to tell him the bad news.

He smashed her computer with a sledge hammer after that.

Well that was certainly an intelligent move to rectify a problem. Is
that his typical response?

It's a good thing that he wasn't around when the first wheel was
invented. If it had run over his foot, even luxury autos would give a
bumpy ride with square tires.