Peter Ashby

Default Is it OK to Tile and Grout the same day?

In article ,
"BillR" wrote:

I've seen a tiler working in B&Q. The noticable thing was the speed. He
tiled a kitchen display by the time I walked down the aisle and back but the
quality of the result was not what I would like.
I don't believe you can tile and grout wall tiles the same day.
Floor tiles maybe, as access is required to the room they tend to use fast
set adhesive but this has to be mixed from dry powder.

Well I patched our bathroom wall with 4 tiles about a year ago. I used
B&Q's rapid set adhesive and grout all in one mix. Our outer layer is
laid on, I hope only, one layer of previous tiles (not by me). The patch
tiles are rock solid and are right by the shower so they got wet the
morning after I put them up.

Peter

--
Peter Ashby
To assume that I speak for the University of Dundee is to be deluded.