BigWallop

Default Choosing location for kitchen appliances

"Mark Webb" wrote in message
. uk...
In article ,
duncan-at-snsys-dot-com (Duncan Lees) wrote:

wrote:
That wasn't the problem we had, they were (in general) just plain
incompetant. One position a dishwasher under a sink, that's simply
impossible, it won't fit.

I assume you mean he put the dishwasher under the bowl of the sink
itself? Not so good. You can put a dishwasher under the draining board
side of sink and use the space under the bowl as a normal cupboard.
Handy for all the water and waste plumbing.

-Duncan

I was also told that a dishwasher would go under the draining side of a
1.5 bowl sink. Is this right?

Mark W.

We have the double drainer with one and a half sinks, the washing machine is
on one side and the dishwasher on the other. There's a single 800mm wide
base unit between them which I made myself. It holds all the washing
powders and things and is right next to both appliance. It made the
plumbing and wiring a lot easier to install as well.