Posted to uk.d-i-y
timjh0 timjh0 is offline

Default Tiled roof advice - shed

Hi,

I'm hoping some one could give me a few starting points please. I'm
trying to re-use 3 walls of what's left of an old brick shed to
build a log store - not really wanting to knock the rest down.

With the 3 walls I was hoping to build a pent roof sloping towards the
middle rear wall (i.e. no front wall where the roof at its highest.
I've a load of old tiles, but currently trying to work out how to add
Purlins, rafters & battens to support these. How do you set the
Purlins on
the walls? And how to attach the rafter to the purlins - simply nail,
joint etc?

Has any one any guidance or know of useful websites? I know it would
be easier to use corrugated sheets etc, but as I say I have the
tiles!!!

Thanks,

Tim.

PS Hope this message doesn't appear x2. Don't think the last made it.