Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Machinist wanted, Princeton University

On 2010-06-24, Ed Huntress wrote:
I'm in Texas now, I used to be in the frozen northeast (CT). I used
to work for a college system, left there and am making 3X as much
with equally good benefits, better work environment and in a lower
cost of living state doing the same work. I also get the respect
that was sorely lacking in the college, and have significantly
fewer egos to deal with.

'Sounds like you're pretty bitter about the old job. I only know one
person who worked in that environment, and he loved it. After a few
years he started his own machine shop business (I bought in) and we
continued to make parts for Princeton's research departments. That
was the machine shop I worked in, first in Pennington, later moved
to Princeton Junction.

Good for you making all that money. Most people aren't making three
times as much as the Princeton job pays.

In Texas, 120k lets you live like a king.

Yeah, but the King of Texas.
LOL

Yep, and Texas is a far better place to live than NJ. I know, I used to
live in CT and went to and through NJ with some regularity. Texas is far
better than CT as well, I don't miss CT at all.