Posted to alt.home.repair

Default mower runs for a couple of minutes only

While the mower is on the "hot shut down" unscrew the spark plug, lay
it on the frame, reconnect the wire. Put the whole thing in the shade
so you can see, and yank the starter. Look for spark. If you get
spark, think other than ignition. Please let us know what you find.

It's a long shot. But I've known of mowers that needed an oil change
to behave similar. I like Castrol, which has worked well for me.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"John Smith" wrote in message

Thanks for the quick response. The mower has a Tecumseh
OVRM120-22032E engine. I looked it up and found that it has a
solid state ignition.