Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.scuba
h[_11_] h[_11_] is offline

Default Vintage 1970s black scuba fins smear oily rubber in the pool

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
I mentioned this to my kids(daughter and son, both life savers andd
certified divers, w/rescue rating). They said, "don't be sentimental,
be practical" If wanted, you can keep them but don't have to use them
to smear your pool deck. Every thing in life has time to go including
ourselves. We are in the process of reducing all our traces to less burden
my kids. I am throwing out lots of old junks, pictures, what not
before it is too late.

My 86-yr-old mom has me go through her closets and dump stuff into the
donate pile or the garbage can (her condo's cans are HUGE!) every week. It's
one of the "activities" we do together. She apologizes for it, but I think
it's great. It only takes about 30 minutes a week, but she donates half a
car load every few months to the "welfare-to-work" or other charity. Yeah,
some of it gets put in the trash, but her very lightly used
uber-expensive-classic-vintage size 6 suits get donated. I told her what she
could get on eBay for this stuff (petite designer clothes back as far as the
50s!) but she prefers to donate to her favorite charities. Good for her!
Every time she says, "Less junk for you to deal with when I'm gone." It's
not like I can wear it - she's 4'10" and I'm 5'6". She wears a size 6 shoe
and I wear a 7.5. Ain't gonna happen.