Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
steamer steamer is offline

Default Open access metal/wood shop opens in Boston area

axolotl wrote:
The big difference appears to be that the Asylum is set up as a
nonprofit. Hopefully the kids (young men and women, I'm showing my age)
will make a success of it.
How has your experience been with the TechShop? What would you change?

--Wellll it's too far for me (80 miles each way) so I don't go but
some folks I know from various places started it and they seem to be happy
with how it's working out. There are plans to start other chapters but all
of them seem to be south of San Francisco; nothing for us northerners yet..

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Didja see my stuff
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : at 2010 Maker Faire??