Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Basement Walls. Acceptable Plumbness

On Jun 23, 12:43*am, DD_BobK wrote:
On Jun 22, 10:12*am, Smitty Two wrote:

In article
,

*DD_BobK wrote:
We sold a home back in Oct 2005 ....fairly well fixed up but the
buyer's inspection yielded 18 pages of snivels. *I didn't even bother
to read them.
We told our realtor (who we had used on 4 other sales)....... *"make
the list go away" .

On a $750k sale...... we "gave up" *less than $10k (IIRC, it was a
while ago) to make the deal happen.
And I didnt raise my blood pressure by arguing the list.

Around here, back in '05, you could sell any house in any condition for
at least 15% over list price. Things have changed.

Our market soured sooner... after first Q '05 things got very
"soft".
We were late listing our house by about 3 months and it wound up on
the market about five months with only a handful of offers.

My point to the OP was either implement a designed / stamped "fix" or
be prepared to "give back" off the price.

The house eventually sold for 15% below asking price and we were lucky
to get that.
Hence my motivation to "make the list go away" by throwing some money
at it.

cheers
Bob- Hide quoted text -

The op didn't say anything about where he was or what the surrounding
homes were. You can't assume he's going to take some huge hit because
you did or because he's got some issues with the basement walls. Just
because they have shifted around some doen't automatically mean that
the house is about to fall. Could have taken 60 years to do that and
will be another 60 before it really is a problem.