Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Are These Commonly Available?

On Jun 22, 4:25*pm, George wrote:
On 6/22/2010 4:19 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Jun 22, 8:22 am, Bob *wrote:
Channel nuts (not fishing or TV surfing related)

http://www.jdr-websites.co.uk/galler.../image/12a.jpg

Thanks,
bob
(I do not live in the UK)

Why does the catalog page say:

"For best results use M 12 size"

If there are various sizes for various applications, how would they
know that the M 12 size will give the best results?

Why would they even sell alternatives that *won't* give the best
results?

Because that is the largest thread size and most stable/strongest. But
not everything you might be attaching to the strut can accommodate a M12
bolt.

If what you are attaching can't accommodate an M 12 bolt, then the M
12 size won't give you the "best result".

That was basically the point of my question.

If your explanation is correct (and I have no reason to doubt it) then
the wording should be:

"For the best results, use the largest thread size that will work for
your application."

Selecting a specific size without knowing the given application and
saying that it will give the "best result" is misleading and confusing.