Guy LaRochelle

Default Dust Collector

I am looking at buying a DC. Is there any make that is better than the other
or are they all the same? They all look much the same to me but I may be
wrong. Regards. -Guy

"Dr. Deb" wrote in message
I read an ad in one of the mags I subscribe to that said for 1 micron

filter
you should figure 40-45CFM per sq ft. Since the bag was 30" high and had

diameter of 20" simple math 20x3.1416x30=1884.96sq in, divide by 144 =
13.09 then times 45 = 589.05 CFM.

It seems about right when compared with the Jet 650CFM DC I had before

this
one.

Deb

Dan wrote:

Dr. Deb wrote:

For those who requested a drawing/picture of my dust collector mod, it

is
on
"alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking." under "dust collector." It is
offered, rough as it is, in the hope that it will help.

Thanks a bunch. Won't be able to see it till after work since I can't
get any binaries here, but I'm glad I'll be able to take a look before
we leave for vacation.

For those who asked if this were not just making a single filter bag
system into a two bag system, as you will see, you were "spot on" as

the
Brits say.

Cool. Just one more little detail, if you don't mind; how are you
estimating or measuring your CFM?

Dan