Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Looking for concrete recipe (ratios by weight not volume)

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 21:26:32 -0400, Joe Guy wrote:

I'm looking for a concrete recipe that specifies the components (cement,
sand, stone) in terms of weight - not volume. It's easier to pre-weigh
the components instead of eye-balling them in a graduated bucket. Cement
powder is especially hard (and messy) to measure by volume.

Graduated bucket? Not for me-- I use a 2 gal bucket for my cement,
a 4 gallon for the sand & 2-3's for the gravel. [actually 5's with
paint marking the 3 gallon mark]

I can't imagine weighing everything for every batch.

Jim