Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Invasion of the red ants

wrote in message
On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 15:29:39 -0400, "
wrote:

They love Publix coffee cake, bread, butter )

I worked my way through all the proteins baiting them with each thing
they were eating until they simply ran out of things in my house that
they would eat so they don't come in anymore.

Do the bait thing. Take some of that coffee cake and mush it up with
boric acid about 12-15 parts cake to one part boric acid. (a little
water helps that process) then put the goo in bottle caps around where
the ants are walking. After a while the ants that eat cake will be
gone. They may come back eating something else but eventually they
will be gone if you keep baiting what they are eating. I had that
experience with doughnuts. Pretty nasty when you realize that doughnut
you are eating is full of ants.

Mine got so selective they would only eat dog food the dog had chewed
on. Guess what my last bait was made from ;-)

Let me be the first to ask the dumb question ......... what does boric acid
do to ants?

Steve