Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Metal stregth question

cavelamb wrote:

Pete C. wrote:

There are trailer plans with engineers stamps for sale from various
places. Northern Tool has a collection of them available for various
types of trailers.

Unfortunately, nothing there that will fill my bill.

I need a trailer for a 26' long x 10' wide sailboat.

6000 pounds would be realistic.

Fortunately shoal draft with a 4' wing keel.

While a flat bed and custom cradle would be the cheapest solution
I'd never be able to launch from that without a crane.

--

Richard Lamb

The key here is to find the closest match size and capacity wise to what
you need and then adapt from there maintaining comparable material specs
to the original plans. You need a starting point with appropriately
sized materials to base your adaptation on.