Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Basement Walls. Acceptable Plumbness

On Jun 22, 1:42*pm, harry wrote:
On Jun 22, 6:12*pm, Smitty Two wrote:

In article
,

*DD_BobK wrote:
We sold a home back in Oct 2005 ....fairly well fixed up but the
buyer's inspection yielded 18 pages of snivels. *I didn't even bother
to read them.
We told our realtor (who we had used on 4 other sales)....... *"make
the list go away" .

On a $750k sale...... we "gave up" *less than $10k (IIRC, it was a
while ago) to make the deal happen.
And I didnt raise my blood pressure by arguing the list.

Around here, back in '05, you could sell any house in any condition for
at least 15% over list price. Things have changed.

As here in the UK!- Hide quoted text -

Sorta depends on the location. In desirable locations that only have
older homes people accept a lot. Older homes tend to have foundation
issues. They may or may not be a big deal.

If you sell you're probably going to end up paying for the
inspection. Go ahead now and get an inspector and have it inspected.
Tell him you're including his final report in the sales package. Tell
him you want to work with him to clear up anything he thinks might be
an issue. You might have to pay a little extra to get him to come
back and check the repairs. But then you'll know up front what the
inspection results are.