Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Gas Meters

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 06:31:39 -0700 (PDT), jamesgangnc
wrote:

On Jun 22, 8:42*am, "Robert Green" wrote:
We got a new gas meter and it is readable remotely (the guy still comes
around, but he waves a device at the meter). *Does this imply that there's a
battery in the new gas meters? * Anyone know for sure?

--
Bobby G.

Don't know about te battery but they changed out the fronts on our gas
meters to do that. I don't see how a battery can be involved.

No batteries in mine. It is a 40GB transmitter, the truck drives by
and sends a signal to the unit. Then data is sent to the receiver in
the truck.