Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Can welding Oxygen be used in place of medical oxygen?

"Some Guy" wrote in message

It's ridiculous to say that two tanks that are handled identically
behind the scenes are nonetheless different because of a piece of paper.

That piece of paper makes a big difference in the end use. It is not
medical oxygen without it, no matter your opinion. I suggest you take it up
with the FDA and have them change their ways. They make the rules, not me.

Since you claim to have actually filled commercial medical O2 tanks,
tell me what analytical testing you did to insure that their purity was
99.95%. What lab equipment did you use to determine the purity of the
O2 in those tanks?

I read the piece of paper that came from the O2 supplier. He does the
analysis and certifies it, then we fill patient tanks from the bulk tanks.
That complies with regulations. If we did that with welding grade and
distributed it for patient use, we'd be subject to all sorts of fines and
liability.