Posted to alt.home.repair
keith keith is offline

Default Good paint

On Jun 22, 7:57*am, dpb wrote:
keith wrote:

I just bought some Behr paint to touch up some trim. *Crap stuff.
Dripped like crazy. *It's back to Benjamin Moore for me.

I've used a _LOT_ (like 40/80 gal primer/topcoat) of Behr in the barn
rehab and no such experience (at least w/ the top-of-the-line model).
It was as good a paint in application properties as any of the the
majors and overall quite satisfied.

The Behr didn't even cover white on white, so no, they're not the
same. I've never had trouble with B.Moore but the local store is
closed on Saturdays. :-(

After 5-6 years there's been peeling in some areas that just didn't get
the old weathered wood as well prepared as we thought we had it, but
that's not the paint's fault; it's just physically impossible to get
every square foot of a 80-yr old 40x70x16(avg ht) siding that had been
50 yr since last painting pristine-enough despite spending over two
months in nothing but the prep work...

The combination paint OP posted about is new since then so it,
specifically, I've no experience with.

Given my recent experience with Behr, I'm not about to.