Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Good paint

keith wrote:

I just bought some Behr paint to touch up some trim. Crap stuff.
Dripped like crazy. It's back to Benjamin Moore for me.

I've used a _LOT_ (like 40/80 gal primer/topcoat) of Behr in the barn
rehab and no such experience (at least w/ the top-of-the-line model).
It was as good a paint in application properties as any of the the
majors and overall quite satisfied.

After 5-6 years there's been peeling in some areas that just didn't get
the old weathered wood as well prepared as we thought we had it, but
that's not the paint's fault; it's just physically impossible to get
every square foot of a 80-yr old 40x70x16(avg ht) siding that had been
50 yr since last painting pristine-enough despite spending over two
months in nothing but the prep work...

The combination paint OP posted about is new since then so it,
specifically, I've no experience with.