Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Bark off

On 6/21/2010 11:04 AM, p4o2 wrote:
On Jun 21, 9:00 am, wrote:
On 6/20/2010 11:38 AM, Jack wrote:

Anyone ever used this? How far away will it work? I have a neighbor who
lets his dogs bark and bark and bark in his back yard.

I like dogs but do not like to listen to them bark, sometimes late at
night.

The dogs are maybe 200 yards from my house but the barking is annoying.

If I hear the barking is it reasonable that the "bark off" will be
strong enough to reach them and hae an effect?

What did the dog owner say when you contacted them? Sometimes people are
pretty clueless about how annoying their dogs are (and I do like dogs).

We had a new neighbor move in a few years ago. First they got a big lab
and were pretty good about leaving it out for a short time. They they
added a little squeaky dog. Not long after they would let both bark for
hours. One morning they put them out extra early. I went over and
started knocking. I politely said that it wasn't even 7 AM yet and
hearing dogs barking for hours and hours is annoying.

The owner told me that those were "inside dogs". I then said since you
have inside dogs do you have any idea whose dogs are always tied in your
yard. He gave me a stupid look and I walked away. They have never talked
to us since but that was the end of the barking.

I have not talked to the dog owner but a neighbor next to him has with
no resolution. They just do not care. I had some hope that we might
get a better response from the dog. Since the Bark off sends a hihg
frequency sound, I am thinking that a silent dog wistle might also
work.

So why are you waiting to talk to them (seriously)? Sometimes it takes
multiple persons informing someone that what they may think is cute is
an annoyance.