Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Glass Refrigerator Shelves

On 2010-06-21, Tony Hwang wrote:

I just don't get it. Are you trolling?

Hot container in refrigerator to cool it. Are you stupid?

nb

Actually, they have been recommending for about 20 years that hot
food, at least meat or some kinds of food, be allowed to cool in the
fridge, rather than on a counter, to shorten the period that the temp
is okay for growing germs. At the age of 80, my mother changed her
practices to do this, at least some of the time.

But she didn't have glass shelves.

I don't bother to do it and I certainly wouldn't do it with glass
shelves, and I think Luna2n's post settles it.

What a pain it must be to find replacement shelves for all but the
newest refridges.

On Leno tonight, he had a newspaper wedding announcment for the
couple, Salm-Minella. I kid you not.