Posted to alt.home.repair
hibb hibb is offline

Default A sad tale of two wrecked newsgroups

On Jun 22, 12:42*am, The Daring Dufas the-daring-
wrote:
On 6/21/2010 2:43 PM, Metspitzer wrote:

On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 13:10:25 -0500, *wrote:

I would like to suggest that all of you regulars of alt.home repair
take a look at the newsgroups rec.boats and rec.boats.cruising. *I
have used the internet since the 1980's. *Long before the days of the
World Wide Web. This newsgroup as well as the rec.boats groups were
well established before I found them.

The solution has always been kill filters.

I reserve a killfile for only the most horribly obnoxious and
foul posters. I haven't really come across anyone like that in
this group. A thread can easily be killed by pressing K in my
newsreader which is Thunderbird and I will do that when some
idiot decides to advertise gold watches, etc. Most OT threads
will eventually fade unless it's kept going by jousting trolls.
It's easier to kill a thread without a second thought than to
configure a killfile. Perhaps more folks should try that instead.

TDD

Yeah but you are a Dufas so what do you know.