Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Shop Wall and Electric

Mike Marlow wrote:

Now would be a better time to install the exterior outlets, while you have
the walls opened up. It does not take any longer than installing an inside
outlet.

Thank you for that suggestion, I will investigating what is involved.
It is true that I would want the outlet on the other side of a wall that
I am presently working on....

Puckdropper, your idea of positioning a lightswitch at 50"--where people
are likely to expect it, is a good idea! I could install a switch there
for my new lighting (that I don't have yet). I was focusing so intently
on doing one thing at a time that the idea did not occur to me.

I was looking at lighting at Menards. I know I want simple fluorenscent
lighting that works when it's cold and can be seen but not heard. I
sort of recollect someone mentioning the "American Fluorescent Lighting"
company, possibly in low regard (cheap ballasters?). They made many of
the simple fixtures I saw at Menards. Is the prevailing regard for CFL
products negative?

Lighting is a whole-nuther can of worms... For an instant, I saw light
at the end of the tunnel! : ) Thanks for keeping me thinking!

Bill