Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default A sad tale of two wrecked newsgroups

"Metspitzer" wrote in message
On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 13:10:25 -0500, LdB wrote:

I would like to suggest that all of you regulars of alt.home repair
take a look at the newsgroups rec.boats and rec.boats.cruising. I
have used the internet since the 1980's. Long before the days of the
World Wide Web. This newsgroup as well as the rec.boats groups were
well established before I found them.

The solution has always been kill filters.

No, the solution is to never respond to them. Killfiling them makes that
easier, as you don't see them, but still, you may see a post from someone
you don't have killfiled, and they post the KF'd person.

The best thing is to remember that it takes two people to have a
conversation, and when one of them stops talking, the conversation stops,
too.

I think that the type of people who are trolls and attention getters here
are the kind that used to pester the **** out of animals as a child, and now
have a new medium. Sad sad people with no real lives.

HTH

Steve