Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Briggs gas starvation

On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 07:28:49 -0400, LSMFT wrote:

Here's the gas cap:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...isc/gascap.jpg

Where is the vent on it? I presume venting is part of the cap (hence the
metal splash deflecting shield) and not elsewhere on the tank. Obviously
something is gummed up.

I may have other issues too but this is a start.

*190412 3156-01 (new in 1992)

Check the cap and see if that metal flapper is stuck. If you can't see
how it vents, drill a hole in it about 1/32". You don't drive it around
so it won't leak.

I have the same cap as the OP on a power washer. I looked for a vent
hole but it is not to be found.

I found this view of a similar cap, but noted it does have a vent hole
in the middle.

http://www.ticona.com/celstranritefl...gascap2003.jpg