Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Can welding Oxygen be used in place of medical oxygen?

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
A fellow I know works on X-ray equipment and said the 50 cent bolt from
HD or Lowe's costs $25 if it's for one of his X-ray machines. The reason
being a stack of paperwork required for each little part. Is it
an exaggeration? I don't know but I know someone who does and I may have
to drop by and ask him.

TDD

I don't know if that is exactly the cost, but it sure is going to be higher.
Anything needing certification or to meet military specs is higher. In the
McMaster catalog a 1/4-20 stainless bolt can be 14¢ to meet ASTM specs and
becomes 94¢ to meet a MIL spec.