Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Glass Refrigerator Shelves

On Jun 21, 10:19*am, jamesgangnc wrote:
On Jun 21, 8:58*am, Sometimes-It's-Windswept@Jack's-Hill (Jack) wrote:

On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 08:28:09 -0400, George

On 2010-06-21, Tony *wrote:

I just don't get it. Are you trolling?

Hot container in refrigerator to cool it. *Are you stupid?

nb

Why call someone stupid just because you don't get something?

Who exactly puts a hot pot directly into a fridge?

I'd *be delighted to 'splain.

Every Sunday, I simmer a huge pot of beans that have been soaking
overnight in the fridge. *After an hour on the stove, they're dumped
into a pyrex bowl. *That bowl is hot as hell. *Whatchoo suggest, I
should leave 'em outta the fridge until they cool off? *

I've put fairly warm stuff in the fridge but if I can't hold my hands
against the bottom for a couple seconds I wait.- Hide quoted text -

Yep, that's what us normal folks do. If it's hot enough to worry
about cracking the glass shelf, you just leave it alone until it cools
closer to room temp. At first I thought this might be related to
something very special that needs to cool faster. But beans? You
don't want to leave food in the danger zone for long periods, but
letting it cool for 30 mins or an hour is normal.