Posted to alt.home.repair
p4o2 p4o2 is offline

Default Bark off

On Jun 21, 9:00*am, George wrote:
On 6/20/2010 11:38 AM, Jack wrote:

Anyone ever used this? How far away will it work? I have a neighbor who
lets his dogs bark and bark and bark in his back yard.

I like dogs but do not like to listen to them bark, sometimes late at
night.

The dogs are maybe 200 yards from my house but the barking is annoying.

If I hear the barking is it reasonable that the "bark off" will be
strong enough to reach them and hae an effect?

* * "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a bitch" -- Jack Nicholson

What did the dog owner say when you contacted them? Sometimes people are
pretty clueless about how annoying their dogs are (and I do like dogs).

We had a new neighbor move in a few years ago. First they got a big lab
and were pretty good about leaving it out for a short time. They they
added a little squeaky dog. Not long after they would let both bark for
hours. One morning they put them out extra early. I went over and
started knocking. I politely said that it wasn't even 7 AM yet and
hearing dogs barking for hours and hours is annoying.

The owner told me that those were "inside dogs". I then said since you
have inside dogs do you have any idea whose dogs are always tied in your
yard. He gave me a stupid look and I walked away. They have never talked
to us since but that was the end of the barking.

I have not talked to the dog owner but a neighbor next to him has with
no resolution. They just do not care. I had some hope that we might
get a better response from the dog. Since the Bark off sends a hihg
frequency sound, I am thinking that a silent dog wistle might also
work.