Posted to sci.electronics.repair
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

Default Surge Protectors

In article , GS wrote:
On Jun 20, 1:36=A0am, Cydrome Leader wrote:
William Sommerwerck wrote:
Many years ago, PC and/or Byte (I forget which) used to test suppress=

ors.
If
they failed to provide suppression, I assume the mag would have said =

so.

hillarious, PC magazine is your source for the lowdown on surge supres=

sion
devices?

It was, 20 years ago. I don't think you get the point, though.

So what is the point? John Dvorak wrote a story about surge supressors an=

how they worked with his Cumulus 386 laptop and his CompuAdd 486sx tower?

My news reader sees a problem in these postings
..

Mark Waller wrote an article for Byte.
I have his book PC Power Protection from 1988.
Great reading. I should also have that mag article if
anybody is interested. I should look it up.

From worrying too much about protection, Mark is now a Family
Therapist.

Here is the article.

http://zekfrivolous.com/misc/waller.pdf