Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default Briggs gas starvation

On Jun 21, 6:46*am, Steve Kraus
wrote:
Is there any possibility that the fuel line collapsed and is
restricting the flow? Does the fuel line look cracked and worn out?

No, it flowed freely when the cap was off and trickled to a stop when the
cap was replaced. *So I presume there was no way for air to get in to allow
gas to come out. *As I said I may have other issues elsewhere with that
engine but right now I'm just trying to figure out this situation which is
only involving the tank and hose. *Obviously both the strainer screen and
the shutoff valve under the tank are fine if it was flowing freely with the
cap off. *

So I need to know where there is some sort of vent pinhole that has gotten
clogged.

Remove/loosen fuel cap. Test run. If OK tank vent is blocked.
Normally in fuel cap.