Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Grumpy Grumpy is offline

Default Fun with gears..

"Stealth Pilot" wrote in message
On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 22:16:40 -0400, "Phil Kangas"
wrote:

I found this on wimp.com , someone had extra time
on their hands, eih? phil

http://www.wimp.com/planetarygear/

that wankel style one in the middle of the video seems to have
potential as an oil pump.

At one time we used a positive displacement flowmeter just like the first
one. It was all 316 satainless and had 4" inlets and outlets. We used it to
calibrate brewing fermentors that were 30' diameter and 90 feet high.Even
with a 4" water line it took forever to fill the damned things and we were
renting the meter at an outrageous cost. Still, it was bloody accurate.