The Natural Philosopher

Default Is it OK to Tile and Grout the same day?

Eno Case wrote:

TNP, thanks for your reply.

The reason I was wary was because I thought the moisture in the adhesive
would have to dry out or evaporate or whatever, before the grout went on?

I had thought that once grouted and sealed, if the adhesive behind was still
wet, then how would it ultimately dry out.

This is based on stuff I was told in the past, although this information
could be wrong of course.

Well it just gradually seeps out via the grout I suppose. Or into the
plaster/masonry behind and then evaporates out into the room.

It just dries eventually!

I had massive condensation after plastering, even after the plaster was
set properly. Took a week or two to stop weeping moisture into the air.

In fact nearly two years after the roof went on, the green oak is still drying out ...

Nothing is completely impermeable really - well none of teh more common
matrials - they all 'breathe' a little.