Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Spehro Pefhany Spehro Pefhany is offline

Default Spine Binder LABELS ??

On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 18:53:43 -0700, the renowned Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 20:22:22 -0400, Spehro Pefhany
wrote:

On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 18:47:51 -0400, the renowned "Martin Riddle"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote
in message ...
I have a bunch of specifications, "cookbooks", etc., bound with IBICO
"spiral" plastic combs.

I'd like to label them on the "spine" to ease finding them on my book
shelves.

Anyone know of such a label system?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

How about the Brother P-touch, or Dymo tape labels. Not much else out
there. You can get custom printed combs, but I don't think that’s what
your after.

Cheers

I got a little USB Brother P-touch labeler for something like $18 with
free shipping. It shows up as a mass memory device that contains a
simple application that you can paste your data to. There's also a
free app online from Brother that allows more complex stuff like bar
codes. It uses the same ($$) tapes as the handheld labelers, which I
also have, but allows you to use whatever TT font you want (even Comic
Sans or spitPapyrus, if you can stomach it).

Different widths are available, down to a 3.5mm (9/64) which is narrow
enough to label 300 mil DIPs or CD cases.

Big selection of tapes:

http://www.brother-usa.com/accessori...Model=PT1230PC

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Thanks, Spehro, Here's what I have...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/Binder_Edge.jpg

I can't tell from Brother's web site what tape type would be best.
What does "laminated" tape mean?

...Jim Thompson

Non-laminated only seems to apply to the narrowest tape (3.5mm).

http://www.ptouchdirect.com/allabout_labels.html

I think I would go with 3/8" wide for binder spines. I have 1/4
which seems way too narrow to be easily read, and 1/2" which is a bit
too wide for the narrowest Cerlox spines. but might be okay.

White-on-black TZ325 would be my suggestion, unless most of your
spines are wider, then maybe the 1/2" TZ334 (gold on black) or TZ335
(white on black) . buy.com has good prices, or you can get them from
Staples etc.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany