Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Schematics & standards

On 6/20/2010 3:25 PM spake thus:

As an aside, what is it with people who seem to feel they have a
god-given right to dictate the 'right' way to do things? If they had
their way, we'd still be walking everywhere, and seeking shelter in
trees at night. Things change; usually for the better, sometimes not.
Deal with it.

I'll say "point taken", even though you are obviously disagreeing with
my (and others') objection to the 8K2 system of ohmic representations.

One could just as easily turn that statement of yours around to wonder
how the committee that mandated this new system of nomenclature has a
right to impose their will on us, as the "god-given right to dictate the
'right' way to do things".

I just think it's needless, therefore not an improvement, as opposed to
how living in houses is obviously an improvement over seeking shelter in
trees at night.

(or is it? ... )

- Comment from an article on Antiwar.com (
http://antiwar.com)