Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Jay Ts[_2_] Jay Ts[_2_] is offline

Default Spine Binder LABELS ??

Jim Thompson wrote:
Jay Ts wrote:
DrParnassus wrote:
Jim Thompson wrote:
I have a bunch of specifications, "cookbooks", etc., bound with IBICO
"spiral" plastic combs.

I'd like to label them on the "spine" to ease finding them on my book
shelves.

Anyone know of such a label system?

Yeah it is called Excel. The best label, and sign print app I have
ever used, except for QuarkXpress, but that is $950 a seat.

Yes, and many other office/creative apps work as well. Just go to an
office supply store and look for stick-on labels that you can put
through the inkjet printer, and are advertised to work with templates
that your software supports. For example, I have a package of labels
here it says, "Use Avery Template 5444(tm) avery.com/template". You can
go to that website and see if anything fits your binders. If not, maybe
you'll have to cut them to fit, or use more than one label per book.

Long ago, I used Microsoft Publisher for this. Nowadays I'm too lazy, so
I use a pen. ;-)

Jay Ts

I'm not sure that pure stick-ons will hold up that well. (The "spine"
is a plastic comb.)

Oh ... . come to think of it, I've had the so-called "removable
labels" fall off of things after some years. The adhesive dries
out. But I think that's just with the removable variety.

You can also get stick-on ink-jet printable vinyl at some office
supply stores. I'm not sure about the brands sold there, but some
people use the stuff to make bumper stickers, and they claim it
holds up well for that! I noticed a store brand at the Staples
here (Sedona, AZ), but I haven't tried it yet.

I was looking around online and found this company:
http://www.papilio.com/
They make the inkjet vinyl sticker material, and also transparent
protective sheets to go over the printed surface for increased
water resistance and durability.

I found this while looking into simple and inexpensive ways
to make "quick and easy" front panels for design prototypes.

Jay Ts