Posted to alt.home.repair
RickH RickH is offline

Default OT. Interesting UK hand gun link.

On Jun 20, 1:02*pm, harry wrote:
On Jun 20, 5:38*pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:

In article , "HeyBub" wrote:
harry wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/10335003.stm

Heh!

In the US, the case would have been tossed as the gun was the fruit of an
unlawful search.

Indeed. It's precisely and specifically due to abuses such as this, which the
British Crown has been perpetrating against its subjects for at least a
quarter of a millennium, that our Bill of Rights places tight restrictions on
the government's authority to carry out searches:

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and
effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated,
and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or
affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the
persons or things to be seized."

I thank God that I live in America, not in Britain. And that we here are
citizens. Not subjects.

Ah, but we have the queen. The alternative being the likes of Bush and
Saddam.- Hide quoted text -

you left out obama, jfk, roosevelt, etc.